The Importance of using an Accredited Mover
How to choose a removals company
With the recent boom in the housing market, sellers are understandably keen to complete moves before the end of the stamp duty holiday. Moving during a global pandemic with strict government regulations and with added time pressures, means that choosing the right removal company is now more important than ever. There are hundreds of removal companies across the UK, however, finding an experienced, trustworthy and cost effective company can take time. It is best to ensure that your mover of choice is affiliated to the leading professional association for UK removal companies and the only removals and storage organisation certified by Trading Standards – the British Association of Removers (BAR).
The British Association of Removers
The BAR is dedicated to promoting excellence in the industry, members must meet an exacting standard of quality and are annually audited to ensure that they continually meet these stringent criteria.
A BAR registered company offers several benefits that others can’t: –
- Full insurance provision – to protect the customers against loss or damage to their belongings during the move.
- Qualified staff – fully uniformed, trained and experienced staff with contracts of employment and adherence to strict working practices.
- Financial stability – credit checks.
- Suitable premises – including offices, warehousing and storage facilities that are safe, secure, well maintained and water tight.
- Proficient, purpose-built vehicles – valid operator’s licenses, qualified drivers, well maintained and serviced vehicles subject to regular inspections.
- Efficient administration – accurate marketing and sales practices, professional quotations and contracts, after sales service, including complaints resolution, environmental policy and adherence to GDPR privacy regulations.
- Good repute – including owners, management and employee criminal checks.
- Covid-19 compliance – adherence to industry and government guidelines, of which regular meetings and talks are held with the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government to review and endorse industry guidelines.
In the unlikely event that something does go wrong or isn’t carried out to your satisfaction, BAR provide a course of action to resolve any problems or complaints you might have through their independent dispute resolution service, operated by The Furniture and Home Improvement Ombudsman (FHIO). BAR members are also part of the Advanced Payment Guarantee Scheme, giving you even more peace of mind and confidence that choosing an industry accredited company will ensure your move is as safe and protected as it can be.
Clockwork Removals and Storage have been BAR members for over 20 years, look for the BAR accreditation or check out their website for a list of fully accredited removals companies to ensure you move with a reputable, experienced and insured operator.