Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
At Clockwork we are proud of our track record in risk management and health and safety and are committed to building a safe working environment to protect the interests of our employees and customers.
Our North London branch holds the BS OHSAS 18001-2007, the national standard in health and safety. Clockwork’s health and safety management systems and procedures meet exceptionally high standards, consistently identifying and controlling health and safety risks, reducing the risk of accidents and ensuring full legislative compliance
Our Green approach translates into every aspect of our day-to-day operations and within our CSR plan we continually set ourselves demanding environmental targets to measure ourselves against.
We have specific goals and policies to ensure that we minimize our environmental impact wherever possible. Our North London branch holds the ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems certification and all our projects and procedures comply with this.
We implement this policy in all parts of our operations, here are just some of the ways in which we strive to do this:
- Recycling packing materials wherever possible.
- Sourcing high quality recycled packing materials.
- Partnering with eco-friendly organisations for our recycling and disposal services.
- All drivers are trained in responsible driving and fuel efficiency.
- Vehicles are selected on a life cycle cost basis taking into account fuel efficiency, emissions, and maintenance and repair costs.
- Reduce empty running by better planning and backloading.
- Fleet replacement policy in line with London’s Low Emission Zone requirements.
To further minimise our environmental impact we work alongside Carbon Footprint, taking part in their UK tree planting initiative in which we plant a tree for every container we ship throughout the world.
At Clockwork we are committed to protecting and improving the local communities in which our branches operate, throughout the UK. Examples of the ways in which we get involved include; supplying boxes for use at food banks, sponsoring schools and local sports teams and where possible, offering specialised removals for charities.
If you would like more information on our corporate social responsibility policy and strategies please get in touch with us today on03332 413 120.