We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
Who are we?
Clockwork Removals Limited, including the alternative trading name Edwards Removals. Registered office address: Tower Bridge House, St. Katharines Way, London, E1W 1DD. If you have any questions about this policy, the treatment of your personal information or a request to ‘be forgotten’ you can write to:
By email to [email protected]
By post to Clockwork Removals Ltd, 17 Cloberfield, Cloberfield Industrial Estate, Milngavie, G62 7LN
By phone to 0141 956 7111
What personal data is being collected?
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
We will collect personal information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain services.
We collect the minimum personal information required for the purpose of providing a service that you may have shown interest in. The minimum being name, phone number and/or email address, origin address and destination address. We may require further information including date of birth, passport and visa copies, banking and debit/credit card information and other sensitive information as required by laws and regulations to provide services you have requested and booked with us.
How is your data collected?
We use various methods to collect data from and about you including:
Information you provide us. You may provide your personal information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you correspond with us by phone, email or post or by filling in forms on our website. This includes when you visit our website, subscribe to the newsletter or enquire about our services.
Information we collect about you.
We collect data that we obtain using cookies on our website. We buy information, including names and or addresses, about you from third-party marketing companies who individuals have consented to third party marketing communication. If you did not consent, then they may have collected your data from publicly accessible sources such as property listings data or property search data.
Why do we collect your information?
We use the information we collect from you to help us understand your removal and or storage requirements and ensures we provide the correct quotation for your specific needs. Data collected is also used to fulfil the contract we enter into with you should you wish to proceed with us and where necessary for our legitimate interest and our third party legitimate interest and to comply with legal obligations.
Who has access to your information?
- Sub-contractors and agents to help provide services on our behalf. However, when we use third parties, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Cloud providers that help us store your information
- Marketing analytics companies that give us insight on who is buying our services in order that we can more effectively sell our services
- Payment service provider that process your payment information on our behalf
- Credit check companies that help us understand your credit history
- Lawyers representing us in the event of a legal claim
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies if there is a legal reason to share your data with them
- Search engine operators that help us understand how to improve our visibility online
How do we protect your data?
We take security of all personal data seriously. We maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. Service Providers who might have access to your information in order to provide services on our behalf will be contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence, implement adequate data security measures, and may not use that data for any other purpose.
Data retention and transfer of data to third countries
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations (for example tax and accounting purposes). We will not retain your personal information for longer than seven years unless we require it for legal regulatory or technical reasons such as responding to a claim or complaint.
We may transfer the personal data that we collect about you to third parties based outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom or the EEA. We will only send your personal information outside the EEA in order to follow your instructions, comply with a legal duty, or work with our agents and third parties who assist in carrying out our services.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction on inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, where the data is no longer necessary for the purpose of processing
- The right to request that we transfer your data to either you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator – in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
- The right to stop marketing messages or withdraw consent for other consent-based processing, if possible