Moving House with Kids – A Case Study
Moving house is one of life’s stressful events with seemingly endless organising, packing and preparing. When it comes to moving with kids things can get even trickier with truck loads of toys, clothes and bedding.
At Clockwork we move and relocate families daily on a local, national and international scale so we asked a family that recently moved with Clockwork to tell us about their experiences.
- Where: A local move within Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland.
- When: A one day move in August.
- Size: A straight move from a 3 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom house.
- Packing required: Full packing services required. This included dismantling all beds, wardrobes and flatpack furniture.
- Equipment: 4 x mattress covers, 3x wardrobe cartons and 70 boxes.
- Oversized items: 10ft trampoline which fitted into the removal vehicle.
- Access: There were no access issues at the old address. The front door was a bit tight at the new home so the crew took some of the larger items through the garage and in through the patio doors at the back of the house.
- Customer feedback: “I was panicking in the run up to the move, finding more and more things which I didn’t realise I had, and thinking the move would take forever because of the amount of stuff which we needed to move. However, the crew were great. They arrived promptly at 8:30am and everything was moved by lunchtime. I was very impressed and it was definitely worth using the packing service as it saved us a lot of time and hassle. The most challenging part of the move was unpacking all the boxes!”
Whether we are moving an individual, whole family or an entire office we plan and carry out the move to the highest industry standard every step of the way. If you are preparing to move, get in touch today for more information.