Moving During a Heat Wave
Keeping Cool on Move Day
It’s the hottest day of the year so far and the mercury, in most parts of the country, is knocking on 31 degrees! With branches across the UK we know how hard it can be to move in the heat (and the snow for that matter!) so here are our top tips to keeping a cool head on a sweltering move day.
- Keep hydrated. Avoid dehydration and the dreaded headaches, tiredness and even heat stroke that come with it by taking in lots of fluids. Keep some pint glasses back from your packing so they are available for tap water and buy in packs of small bottled water if you can.
- Grab an eskie. The chances are you will have defrosted your freezer and turned off your fridge by move day. Keep a cool box on hand for bottled water, fruit and ice pops to help you and your crew cool down when temperatures start getting high.
- Sun cream up. Make sure the whole family has applied sun cream before heading outside, even if it is cloudy. Using a sun cream which you only have to apply once for the whole day is advised so you don’t have to keep stopping to reapply.
- Stay in the shade. Keeping in the shade as much as possible will help keep you cooler, but if the sun is unavoidable wear a hat to help shade your face and neck.
- Keep an eye on the Animals and Kids. Whatever the weather it is always best to make prior arrangements for your kids and pets on move day but if they are at home, keep an eye on them in the heat. Hats, sun cream and lots of fluids for the kids and shade and water is an absolute necessity for animals. Always avoid getting them into the car to leave the property until the last possible moment
- Open up! Open all your doors and windows (where possible) to get a through draft going. Try and open up the new property before the movers get there to avoid a hot stuffy start in your new home.
- Get misting. You can buy little water misting bottles from most supermarkets and pharmacies and they are a great way to quickly cool down. Get one for the kids too, just make sure they use it outside!
Wherever you are moving to Clockwork Removals and Storage are on hand with full packing and export wrapping services to help your move day run like clockwork. Call us today on 0800 195 8671 to book a survey.