Moving House Before Christmas
A Guide to moving house before Christmas
Moving home is well regarded as one of life’s biggest stresses. Add the anxieties of lockdown and the excitement of Christmas into the mix and things can get overwhelming. Clockwork are busier than ever moving individuals and families across the UK and abroad. Our crews are working as hard as Santa’s elves, packing, wrapping and boxing items to ensure you are into your new home for Christmas.
Here we have put together a guide to help alleviate some of the stresses of your pre Christmas move.
- Plan early. With the housing market booming, movers are busier than ever. Book your move in early and secure your preferred move date.
- Get a survey. In order to get the most accurate quote make sure you get an initial survey done of your home. We recommend getting three quotes from BAR accredited movers. A good removals company will also offer video surveys for those who are shielding.
- Make sure you have a cancellation waiver. Sadly house moves can fall through at the last minute so we always recommend taking out a cancellation waiver. Now more than ever these are important, as moves cannot go ahead if people in your chain contract Coronavirus or have to self isolate.
- Use a packing service. If you can, we would also recommend taking out a full packing service. Leaving you to concentrate on your Christmas shopping as well as the thousands of other things you need to do pre move!
- Maintain safe distancing. Familiarise yourself with your mover’s safety guidelines before your move day and (where possible) limit the number of people at each property to one person.
- Keep your Christmas decs close! Whether you or your mover is packing up your house make sure your Christmas decorations are clearly marked. Have a think about where you want your Christmas tree to go before your move and make sure your Christmas presents are well hidden from other family members!
- Know the boiler. If it’s a pre Christmas move it is likely to be chilly. Request the boiler instructions from your agent before the move or even ask that the previous occupants leave it on when they go.
- Keep tea to hand. Once you have stepped over your new threshold you will definitely need a nice warm tea or coffee. Take some mugs, teabags and your kettle in the car so you have them to hand the minute you need them.
If you are on the move before Christmas or are planning a move in the New Year give Clockwork a call today on 03332 413 120