They say that moving house is one of life’s most stressful events, so we’ve put together an easy-to-follow moving checklist to help you plan for the big day.
4 Weeks Before...
- Arrange your mail redirection.
- Inform regular subscription services of your new address.
- Notify utility suppliers of your move
- Arrange for utility connections at your new home.
- Notify your local council and check if you are due a council tax rebate.
3 Weeks Before…
- Consider plants and pets on moving day – talk to us, we are happy to advise.
- Start to run down the contents of your freezer.
- Sketch out a plan of your new home to determine the placement of furnishings.
- Transfer insurance to cover contents at your new home.
2 Weeks Before…
- Rearrange your cable television if applicable.
- Inform friends and family of your new address.
1 Week Before…
- Rearrange your telephone, TV and Internet service.
- Drain fuel from lawnmowers and other garden equipment.
- Empty your loft and any outdoor sheds.
1 Day Before…
- Defrost the freezer.
- Take down pictures, mirrors, curtains and blinds.
- Disconnect your cooker, washing machine and dishwasher. Talk to us because we can help you with this.
On Moving Day…
Relax and let us do all the work but remember to:
- Make sure plants are drained of excess water.
- Make sure you have personally taken cash and jewellery with you to your new home.
- Take meter readings at your old and new homes.
- Label keys ready for the new owners.