They say that moving house is one of life’s most stressful events, so we’ve put together an easy-to-follow moving checklist to help you plan for the big day.
4 Weeks Before...
- Arrange your mail redirection.
- Inform regular subscription services of your new address.
- Notify utility suppliers of your move
- Arrange for utility connections at your new home.
- Notify your local council and check if you are due a council tax rebate.
3 Weeks Before…
- Consider plants and pets on moving day – talk to us, we are happy to advise.
- Start to run down the contents of your freezer.
- Make a sketch plan of your new home to determine the placement of furnishings.
- Transfer insurance to cover contents at your new home.
2 Weeks Before…
- Dispose of any flammables such as petrol.
- Rearrange your cable / digital television if appropriate.
- Inform friends and family of your new address.
1 Week Before…
- Rearrange your telephone, TV and Internet service.
- Drain fuel from lawnmowers and other garden equipment.
- Pack / empty your loft and / or sheds.
1 Day Before…
- Defrost the freezer.
- Take down pictures, mirrors, curtains and blinds.
- Disconnect your cooker, washing machine and dishwasher. Talk to us, as we can help with this.
On Moving Day…
Relax and let us do all the work but remember to:
- Make sure plants are drained of excess water.
- Make sure you have personally taken cash and jewellery with you to your new home.
- Take meter readings at your old and new homes.
- Label keys ready for the new owners.