Setting the Scene for Perfect Property Photos
It’s that time of year again, its spring which means the property market is hotting up. Good property photos are one of the most important things to think about when marketing your property. First impressions are key and whether a potential buyer is viewing your property online, in a brochure or at an estate agents, it is imperative they see your home at its best. Whether you are taking the images yourself or engaging a professional, here are our top tips for taking the perfect property photos.
- Wide angle lenses are best for property photos. You want to capture as much as possible while keeping it realistic so avoid fish eye lenses which distort angles. A tripod should also be used for precision and clarity and to avoid any blurring.
- You want to make your home look like a display home as much as possible, with clean lines and zero clutter. Box up the paperwork, fridge magnets, kid’s toys, photo frames and trinkets and keep them out of the way. Where necessary you could put items into short term storage while you are conducting viewings.
- Light is really important for photos so make sure all your curtains and blinds are open and your lights are on. An external flash should also be used on your camera to add as much light as possible.
- Keep all your doors open to add depth to the images, this also creates the illusion of more space and of course…. more light!
- Remember to make sure your photos include any special fixtures or fittings you have in bathrooms and kitchens such as roll top baths, rain showers, Aga’s and wine fridges etc.
- For exterior shots bear in mind that midday is the worst time to take these pictures due to shadowing. Overcast days are actually the best for exterior photos but make sure you turn on all your outdoor lighting.
- Finally, make sure you have captured all the best aspects of your home and you have included the “essential” images:
- Front and rear exterior
- Living/dining room
- The largest bathroom
- Master bedroom
- Second bedroom (if applicable)
- Views (If applicable)
For more information on our removals and storage services or to book a free survey get in touch with us today on 0800 195 8671.