Moving House: Our New Practices and Procedures
How Moving with us Has Changed
The Property market across the UK has opened and at Clockwork we couldn’t be happier to get our customers moving again. That said moving house is always a stressful time and we understand that these anxieties can be increased by the current coronavirus outbreak. As members of the BAR we take safe working practices under COVID-19 conditions very seriously and have adapted our services in line with guidance which has been put in place for the removals industry. Although we have made certain adjustments you can still be sure to have the same high standard of removal from start to finish.
At Clockwork we have put together safety procedures which can adapt and evolve depending on where you are in the country, what phase of the coronavirus action plan we are in and if you are experiencing a local lockdown situation. Here we have outlined some of the things you can expect to see now when moving home with us.
- We ask that you contact us as early as possible during this very busy time so we can get a survey booked in at a time to suit you.
- Our video surveys are offered across multiple messaging services, such as Facetime and WhatsApp, via a variety of devices so you can get an accurate quote in a completely contact-free way. If you are currently shielding or self-isolating we highly recommend booking a video survey.
- If a video survey is not feasible you may prefer to book a home survey with one of our surveyors. Our surveyors will adhere to social distancing in line with the current public health guidelines and they all carry full PPE. Please make sure all the doors in your home are open before our surveyor arrives so they can keep surface contact to a minimum.
- On the day of your move we ask that there is only one person on site at each property to minimise the contact our crews have, this should also include any tradespeople.
- Our crews will now only travel with a maximum of two per vehicle so some of the team may arrive separately to the removals lorry on the day of your move.
- Good hygiene is paramount and our crews will come with their own PPE including hand sanitizer but please allow them access to washing facilities so they can continue to wash their hands throughout the day.
- Our crew members will practice social distancing where possible but please keep all your internal and external doors open to limit surface contact and open as many windows as possible on the day of your move.
As Government regulations are being updated you can be assured that we are continually adapting our procedures to ensure our customer and crew’s safety.
To find out more about our services or to a book a survey or move call us today on 03332 413 120