Move with Confidence
Moving House Safely
The UK and Scottish governments have both recently launched new drives to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus this winter. England’s Hands. Face. Space and Scotland’s FACTS campaigns both highlight the precautions we should continue to take to combat Covid-19.
Removals can continue across the UK and within local lockdown areas, as long as all recommended protections are taken. At Clockwork we have adapted quickly to new procedures, checks and measures as we continue to follow the public health guidelines for the removals and storage industry. With this in mind we wanted to mirror the government campaigns with a short guide to the safety procedures we have in place to protect our staff and customers.
- Please ensure there is a sink at the property for crew use only. All our crews also carry hand sanitiser.
- All customers (unless medically exempt) must wear face masks when interacting with our crews. Due to the physical nature of the work the crews cannot always wear masks.
- Crews will not be able to accept refreshments on move day.
- Individuals with coronavirus or members of their household should not leave their property. This includes to move house, even when they are contractually obliged to do so. Please make us aware as soon as possible if you have or suspect you have Coronavirus.
- Please make sure properties are well ventilated with all windows and internal doors left open.
- Please tell us if you are shielding or clinically vulnerable so we can ensure additional protective measures are in place for the survey and removal.
- We ask that there is no more than one customer present on move day.
- All customers must practice social distancing throughout the move and maintain a physical distance (where possible) from the crew.
- Please make sure there are no pets at the properties on the day of the move.