UAE - moving checklist
Including Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah,
Sharjah & Umm al-Quwain
To make sure you're fully prepared for moving to the UAE we have compiled a printable planner as a detailed checklist. Here at Clockwork Removals we're dedicated to helping make your home or business move as smooth as possible.
As soon as possible:
- Get your work visa organised through the company you will be working with, they may even be able to help gain your family visas.
- Check your passports are in date and renew them if not.
- Ensure you are knowledgeable on customs, especially those pertaining to religious law. There are strict rules on alcohol and certain foods.
- Sort through your possessions now to organise what can be thrown or given away, ensuring you take only the essentials.
6 weeks prior:
- Confirm the date of your move so that you can book your flight.
- Inform your doctor and dentist of your move and obtain medical records to take.
- While free medical care is available in the UAE, it is recommended that you take out health insurance to ensure you get the best care at all times.
- Make any short term accommodation arrangements if your permanent home isn't ready for when you first arrive.
4 weeks prior:
- Arrange mail redirection when you have your change of address details.
- Cancel your newspaper, magazine and gym subscriptions.
- Organise the correct insurance for your move.
- Check in with us at Clockwork Removals to finalise your move and go over all of the arrangements.
2 weeks prior:
- Pay your outstanding bills to make a fresh start.
- Transfer or close your bank accounts.
- Arrange for storage of your items with Clockwork Removals.
1 week prior:
- Convert your money to UAE Dirham in preparation.
- Clean, pack and label all items so they're fresh and easy to find when you arrive at your new home.
- Go through the final checks with your Clockwork Removals move manager.
Days leading up to move:
- Gather up any hand luggage and be sure to keep important documents, passports and medication together.
- Inform your neighbours of the imminent move to ensure they aren't inconvenienced on moving day.
The day of the move:
- Take a final walk through your property to ensure that nothing is left behind, search through drawers, cupboards and wardrobes.
Now you're ready for your move, and with our printer friendly guide, planning each stage will be easy. Remember to contact our professional and friendly team if you have any questions and we will help to make your move as stress-free as we possibly can.
They were polite, efficient, highly professional - everything we could have asked for. Rupert Alston / Rupert Alston. SW4 - France
I've moved internationally on numerous occasions over the years, but, without doubt, our most professional removal experience was with Clockwork. They coordinated everything to ensure that the move went smoothly and on-time, from shipping through storage and delivery, and they had the best trained team I have ever worked with. They worked quickly and efficiently to execute the move successfully, and maintained a rarely-found sense of teamwork and respect throughout the process. I would highly recommend Clockwork. John / Connecticut, USA to Edinburgh
The service has been top notch from start to finish. Thanks for everything!! Bill / Chicago, USA to Glasgow
An excellent and highly professional operation. I was particularly impressed by speed of response to queries and the willingness to modify the schedule and services to changed circumstances. Michael Conlon /
Very friendly, efficient and adaptable team and good admin support as well. Overall very impressed and thanks for your help. Sarah Gromova / London
The Service was of an Excellent Standard from start to finish. Thank you. Madeleine Price / Cannock
I've used Clockwork 4-5 times for shipments to Cyprus. All is basically taken care of as soon as the first phone call is made. All staff from office to packers are extremely helpful polite and efficient Tom Smith / Lincoln