Wonderful WimbledonJuly 12, 2018
Our Wimbledon Branch
With our Wimbledon branch just a stone’s throw away from the tennis in SW19, we always pay particular attention to this wonderfully historic tournament.
Wimbledon is the oldest and most famous tennis tournament in the world and it all began on 9th July 1877 with only 22 men taking part. Times have changed since then with over 757 men and women competing in the contest each year, 350 umpires, 250 ball boys and girls and a whopping 54,250 balls! There are 19 championship grass courts at the All England Club with the grounds men working tirelessly to keep the grass length to a height of 8mm.
Wimbledon: The Facts
- 200,000 glasses of Pimm’s sold each year.
- 38,500 spectators per day.
- Over 50,000 plants and flowers supplied each year.
- 10,000 umbrellas bought each year.
- 112,000 punnets of English strawberries used each year.
- 25,000 bottles of champagne bought each year.
- 12,000 kg of poached salmon and smoked salmon bought each year.
- 7,000 litres of dairy cream used each year.
If you live in and around Wimbledon, are moving house and are concerned about the disruptions, then give us a call on – 020 8946 6340 – our teams are highly trained and experienced in removals during this busy time!This entry was posted in Our News. Bookmark the permalink. ← Tips for Moving House in the Heat Are you Moving to Zurich? →