Moving House? Here’s Who to Inform.September 20, 2018
Who to Inform When Moving House
If you are moving house (or ever have done) you will know there is a lot to think about. From getting your house sold to finding the perfect dream home and all the solicitors and estate agents correspondence in between, the to do list is endless!
One of the last things you think about is your post once you have moved. But remember it isn’t just your bank and utility companies you need to inform that you’ve moved, check out our comprehensive guide on who to tell you have moved.
Government, Council & DVLA
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) – Make sure you inform the DVLA as soon as possible as not doing so can incur fines. Makes sure you change your license and vehicle registration.
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Electoral roll
- TV Licensing
- Your local authority – Make sure you get a Council Tax statement.
- Banking and savings accounts
- Credit card companies
- Investment funds
- Store loyalty card services
- Pension services
- Home insurance – Home and contents insurance may need to be renewed before you move, so make sure you get in touch with them before move day.
- Car insurance plus breakdown cover
- Mobile phone insurance
- Pet insurance
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
Remember to take photos of your meter readings at your old and new house and make sure you send these on to your provider as soon as possible.
- Water supplier
- Gas provider
- Electricity provider
- Home phone
- TV supplier
- Mobile phone
- Doctors Surgery
- Dentist Surgery
- Opticians (including any contact lense postal services)
- Vet (including your pet’s microchip database)
- Your employers
- Professional associations
- Your child’s schools, colleges and educational institutions
- Newspaper & magazine subscriptions
- Charities you support
At Clockwork we pride ourselves on taking the stress out of move day, so whether you want a straight forward move or our full pack and wrap services, we are on hand to help every step of the way.
This entry was posted in Our News. Bookmark the permalink. ← The Ultimate House Viewing Guide Halloween Special: Moving House Superstitions →